You need an internet connection. Both HTTP and HTTPS ports must be accessible. it is up to you, to give the plugin access to the internet. DEM Earth can not do anything without an internet connection.
Your username will usually be sent you you, when your account is created. (see notes)
You should use your order ref number as the password. (see notes)
- DEM Earth will lock to the first 11 numbers (or in R21 or greater, your node ID) when you first use it. This is automatic. You do not need to send us your 11 numbers, or a node ID, or anything else.
R20 , R21 or greater.
- Firstly, extracted the DEM Earth zip file to a location on a local drive. it does nit have to be in plugins. it can be anywhere. The only restriction is that you should not place plugins on a network drive.
- In C4D, open your Cinema4D preferences.
- You need to set up a plugin path from prefs/plugins pointing to where you have extracted the DEM Earth zip file.
- Once you have set up the plugin path, you will need to restart Cinema4D.
- You will see an entry prefs for "CinemaPlugins.com". Open that entry, to reveal the DEM Earth plugin prefs.
- Enter your account name.
- Enter your password.
- Hit "Check for updates" to register the plugin.
R19 or below
- Pretty much as above, the only difference is that you have to place a the plugin in the plugins folder, and that the DEM Earth prefs are not under the cinemaplugins.com group. Registration is the same process.
Once you have entered your name and password, you will be able to start using DEM Earth. Usually DEM Earth is found has its own menu in the top menu bar. This will show up if you are in the standard, startup, or body paint layouts.
NOTES for all versions.
- If you did not provide a preferred account name during the order process, we will make an account name for you, based on what info you provided with your order. You can usually guess your account name. it can be one of the following. (case sensitive)
- if you cant figure out your account name, just ask. Usually it can be figured out by the following rules for account names.
- Your company name. (if it contains no special characters)
- The name or the person who ordered the plugin. (if it contains no special characters)
- Part from your email address from either before @ (your email name prefix) if it is unique.
- part of your email address from after @ (your email domain either with or without the suffix depending on if its a public domain or not) as long as its unique.
i.e. email@example.com would be either itsjustme or mysuperdomain or mysuperdomain.net.
- Your password is set by you when you first register the plugin. Be sure to keep a record of your password. We recommend you use your order ref number, as it is somehting that you can easily recover.
- if you do not see DEM Earth in the top menu, perhaps you are not in the default layout? Try switching to default. if you have a custom layout, you would need to set up a menu of your own.
- if your legacy CPU does not have AVX or AVX2, DEM Earth might not show up. Please contact support in this case.