Strata is the vertical region of the DEM Earth object which drops down to world floor. It can be used as a kind of sub-surface rock or earth layer, by simply adding a texture to it and restricting that texture to the selection 'strata'.
- Create a DEM Earth object
- In the Object Tab, under Object, Enable Strata.
- Create a Material for your strata.
- Add the Texture with this strata material, to DEM Earth and restrict it using the name "strata"
- IMPORTANT: Make sure the strata texture tag , is the last texture tag, if you have multiple textures on the DEM Earth Object.