ASC is a special height data format. its a very simple file format that is easy to manage and use.
DEM Earth can work with ASC data in two ways:
embedding inserts the height data, extracted from the file, into the DEM Earth custom height environment. That means you load the load the file in, and forget it.
- Make a DEM Earth object, and look in the "Object/Data Set" Tab.
- Press the "Embed ASC data" button
- choose your ASC file. (if you have a zip file, decompress it first)
2.drag and drop
simply drag and drop an ASC file into C4D. If DEM earth is installed, it will create a finished landscape model for you.
- If you have an aligned image, with the same name, in the same folder as the ASC file, the image will be imported and matched to the landscape model.
- be careful not to directly import ASC files that are too large. Depending on your system setup, Cinema4D may only display an object with a limited number of polygons.
important: The data has to be projected in WGS84 geographic.