If you have a recent version of DEM Earth , you should be able to download updates from your dem earth prefs.
if you can not download from prefs, and your support is up to date, please make a support ticket to get an update.
5.055 is for :
- WIN , R20 to 2023 (or greater)
- MAC R25 to 2023 (or greater)
5.055 Feb 22nd 2023
- >> Massive smart OSM and SMART Extruder updates. breaks previous OSM data.<<
- >> you will need to re-fetch SMART OSM data, by flushing and re-fetching in SMART OSM <<
- Smart Extruder - core Rewrite continued. Huge improvements. Crazy fast, bigger,better, faster, more of everything.
- Smart OSM - structure rewrite. Ground work. Better interpretation of data.Many things are now managed one time one time at import. Much more to come.
- Smart OSM - undo after flushing data now works. I had disabled this previously because the data was too large to be held in ram, multiple times, by the undo process.
- Smart OSM - much smaller scene data footprint.
- Smart OSM - new methods for data interpretation (more to come to speed this up.The first step is to make this understand the data better).
5.019 Jan 21st 2023
- Smart OSM - Added Minimum points option.
- Smart OSM - New options to generate either open ways, closed ways , or both.
- Smart OSM - Filter points by angle on import. By setting the import filter angle, you can easily reduce the number of points that have to be processed post import.
- Smart OSM - Clipping : for closed ways, all points must be inside the clip zone. no partial clipping for closed segments.
- Smart Extruder - Added Field support (height scale)
- Smart OSM - internal changes to pass data to new smart extruder core (data tag).
- Smart OSM - Fix segment winding order on import (rather than later in smart extruder)
- Smart Extruder - core Rewrite (multi CPU) and huge improvements. Crazy fast, with much better results.
- Fixed an issue with the update checker.
5.009 Jan 3rd 2023
- Smart Extruder - default sort by name.
- Smart extruder - default 10 groups
- Smart Extruder - Default material.
- Smart Extruder - Major update , fixing several issues.
- Win an mac parity again.
- Mac 2023,25/26,23/24 builds.
- New Icons completed - (for now)
- Big Cleanup for mac builds.
- Poly Object - Added a Check for existing pin with same name / coordinate, to avoid multiple duplicate pins.
5.005 December 23rd 2022
- New Icons.
- Added new 90m Data for NE Canada up to 69 degrees North.
- Route object - Append route type to name of new route tracks.
- GeoRefTag - fixed Center mode lon lat settings. They where wrongly assigned meaning LON would only go to WE90.
- Smart Extruder - Added "Unify Normals" option. To fix some normal problems.
- Smart OSM - Rotation order for outlines fixed. Some outlines need to be reversed so that the normals in the smart extruder end up the right way around.
- DEM Earth - Relaxed floating license. As long as the platform ID (W or M) and the Identifier (after separator) match, the license will pass as valid. This means that as long you have the floating license option, you can install on i.e. R25/26 and 2023, and you will not need to release/add your node lock.
- DEM Earth - GeoModifier Rewrite. Much better now.
- DEM Earth - Strata odd behavior with gradient fixed.
- DEM Earth - Location Drag behavior rewritten and greatly improved..
- DEM Earth - Gradients. Another Partial rewrite. Got it right this time. No need for an extra option for octane now.
- DEM Earth - Vastly Improved performance for no data ( i.e. water zones ).
- DEM Earth - Vastly improved performance for larger areas.
- DEM Earth - Errorhash2 implemented.
- DEM Earth - Improvements to gradients
- Poly Object - When loading a Poly file, insert a named Pinpoint at the center of each group, under the poly object.
- Poly Object - Added a Clear button to clear internal data.
- Poly Object - Added Offset setting.
- Poly Object - Generate Line segment image for GPX tracks (make a mask) Room for improvement on this, but its a good start.
- Poly Object - Added GPX WayPoint Loading.
- Poly Object - Added GPX track Loading.
- Poly Object - Multi Color Mask option (for multi borders).
- Poly Object - multi borders.
- Poly Object - Realtime refresh.
- Poly Object - Higher resolution masks
- Poly Object - Vastly Improved performance.
- DEM Earth SDS - beta included.
- Fragment Object - Additional settings.
4.601 Sept 01 2022
- Added a build for cinema 4D 2023
4.600 August 22 2022
- DEM Earth Gradient- Refresh less :)
- DEM Earth Gradient- Added Octane compatible gradient option. see in prefs/other stuff/octane compatible (for the default) then in your dem earth object, under gradient/Details there is an option to make the gradient octane compatible.
- DEM Earth export – Fixed Height data export and grid layers which where locked to level zero.
- DEM Earth Info – Fixed. Distance info for lon and lat where switched. oops.
- DEM Earth Prefs – Cleanup.
- DEM Cloner – Fixed an issue in with Poisson Disc distribution, which resulted in empty chunks.
- DEM Earth – Added auto check for updates (see prefs) daily/weekly/monthly , etc.
4.595 July 15th 2022
- DEM Earth – Found and fixed a critical bug which could result in flat data on reload of a scene.
- DEM Earth – New default location. Glacier Peak.
- DEM Earth – New default zoom is 4.
- Gradients – Added “Mount Ain” as default gradient preset.
- Gradients – Added Save (so you can save a preset) *.gradient Presets from the gradient folder are automatically loaded into the Type list.
- Gradients – Added Copy/Paste.
- Gradients – New icons for action buttons. The c4d icons I chose initially are completely different in previous versions of c4d.
- Prefs – Added an option to set the default starting location (see prefs, under Various Settings / Other stuff) (more to come on this) It is a text field. i.e. Copy/paste a valid coordinate in here.
4.590 July 7th 2022
- DEM Earth – Added new Layer – Global surface Water, up to level 13.
- DEM Earth – Added Interpolation mode “Auto” which switches the interpolation to linear, if zoom is at 1.0 or less (calculates faster)
- DEM Earth – Rewrote entire geographic sampling code (much better threaded and significantly faster)
- DEM Earth – Rebuilt the default gradient with explicit colors at altitudes. See new gradient tab. WIP. Looking good :)
- DEM Earth – Fixed several possible crashes, and a possible deadlock condition when saving.oops.
- DEM Earth Server – You can now use either your email address or your account name to connect. The email must be unique to your account.
- DEM Cloner – Fixed a crash with multiple child objects. oops.
- Poly Object – Added option to check for outline parity. This ensures that an outline will always generate a surface with a normal which points upwards.i.e. if you extrude in leave auto on, it can go in the wrong direction, if this option is not activated.
- Poly Object – Added an option to sample all points for height, take the max,or min, or most common height value. Useful for multi-polygon buildings, or water areas to avoid jagged vertical outlines.
- Poly Object – Added an option to expand Poly Object to parent bounds. This creates an an image which fits the parent area, rather than the area of the polygon.
- GeoReference tag – Added an invert option to embedding.
- GeoReference tag – Now shows its image outline, if it is select. i.e. the DEM Earth object does not need to be selected. Selecting the tag shows the image bounds (in yellow)
- GeoReference tag – Can now connect to Vector Pro 3. i.e. it sets the Image link, the size, axis, and position. Allowing you to extract vector data from an image layer..
- GeoReference tag – Moved level setting to underneath capture button.
WIN AND MAC PARITY
4.570 May 31st 2022
- DEM Earth – fixed ASC and tiff loader crash with bi-cubic interpolation when embedding via data manager.
- Poly Object – if Primary outline is activated, it now selects the largest outline inside the parent dem earth bounds.
- Poly Object – if Primary outline is activated, alpha mask is now clipped to the parent dem earth bounds.
- ASC/tiff/Outliner – fixed a bug which prevented embedded ASC or tiff height data from re-loading if an outliner object was in the stack.
- DEM Earth – increased max subs to 6k
- DEM Earth – Fit To Texture Icon was missing (to the right of the zoom slider)
- DEM Earth Cloner – Added Color to instances and a color gradient range to dialog.
- This is useful for creating basic tree shades, which is what this is for. Works great with Redshift.
4.565 May 12th 2022
- DEM Earth – Cubic Interpolation fix for holes in data which can cause wild interpolation spikes.
- GeoCoder – GoTo now Resets DEM Earth coordinate offsets to zero.
- POLY Object – 1 level lower
- DEM Earth – Fix for high request rate with missing data.
- DEM Earth – Maintenance and improvements.
- DEM Earth – Threading fine tuning.
- DEM Earth – Changes to the default gradient.
- DEM Earth – Further code cleanup and code reduction towards a new mac build!
- GeoReference Tag – Added an option to load world file settings from a file.
4.500 April 26th 2022
- DEM Earth Smart OSM – a multitude of server updates, due to osm servers going down, changing and other issues beyond my control.
- DEM Earth Poly Object – server update and other solutions for various issues beyond my control.
- DEM Earth Poly Object – fixed most of the UTF32 issues causing names to show as garbage names.
- DEM Earth shaders – removed.
- DEM Earth Project – Huge cleanup and maintenance getting ready for an m1 native build.
4.495 Sept 2021
- DEM Earth – Rebuilt for R25
4.493 Aug 14th 2021
- DEM Earth – Loading and refresh issues resolved.
4.491 Aug 3rd 2021
- DEM Earth prefs – Additional information for license type and clearer explanations of what might be wrong if you fail to connect.
- DEM Earth prefs – Download updates directly from prefs.
- DEM Earth License – If there is a server problem or you lose your internet connection, the plugin will continue to work for up to 10 days without a connection to the DEM Earth license server.
- DEM Earth Cloner – Faster. Various bugfixes and threading improvements. Works much better with larger areas.
DEM Earth – Improved background loading response.
- DEM Earth – Faster Sampling code makes everything even better!
- DEM Earth Interpolation – improvements Various bug fixes.
- DEM Earth Pin Point – Placement bug fix.
4.444 May 27th 2021
- DEM Earth – a multitude of optimizations, improvements, and bug fixes.
- DEM Earth prefs – moved the Flush memory button out in to the data manager. It now does what it was supposed to.
- Major Server Changes for better performance and content delivery.
4.403 April 8th 2021
- DEM Earth PinPoint Object – Bug fix
- DEM Earth Cloner – Memory Leak fixed.
- DEM Earth Cloner – Improvements
4.380 April 2nd 2021
- DEM Earth HELP – Links to helpdesk articles for Prefs, cloner, poly object, Route Object, Smart OSM Object. WIP.
- DEM Earth Prefs – Interface makeover.
- DEM Earth Cloner – Added Distribution Modes – Random, Poisson, Grid, Hex
- DEM Earth Cloner – Interface makeover.
- DEM Earth Cloner – Fixed seed value, which was not properly used.
- DEM Earth Cloner – Falloff Spacial bug fixed.
- DEM Earth Cloner – Falloff now scales instances, rather than culling them. this is better for motion blur when the counts don’t want to be changing.
- DEM Earth Cloner – Final Code Cleanup.
4.357 March 20th 2021
- DEM Earth Cloner – Settings updated
- DEM Earth Cloner – Added support for fields.
- DEM Earth Cloner – now works with Octane. (via mg_cloner) for this to work, drop a mograph cloner before DEM cloner, and set the mg cloner to multi instances. It is then driven by DE cloner (zombie mode)
- Image Downloader – ESRI links removed (for now) pending clarity.
- Image Downloader – method updated to new downloader core. Slightly slower, but more reliable(less possibility of black tiles)
- DEM Earth Cloner – initial refresh issue fixed.
- DEM Earth Cloner – now inserts itself under an active DEM Earth object, if one is selected on creation.
4.302 March 10 2021
- Data Downloader rewrite. Everything is now way better :)
- Removed dead Image layers.
- Added – DEM Earth cloner. A tree map for the entire planet.
- Added – your account ID is now visible in prefs, to help you spot if there is mismatch.
- More fixes and improvements than I dare to put into words.
4.155 December 20th 2020
- added – dem earth scene cache. Loaded base height data is saved with the scene. this eliminates a lot of problems with reloading and unpacking data when a scene is loaded back in. Your data is now instantly ready.
- added – Tree image layer (up to level 12)
- added – new filed to the georef tag, to insert shaders or images that you additionally want to have locked down to the dem earth surface.
- changes – to the Structure object (this is still a never ending WIP)
- Added – protective code to mitigate multiple installs. Since R20, it is now very easy to have the same plugin trying to load from multiple locations. Its sloppy, but it is how it is, and we have to deal with it. if multiple versions try to load, it will stop trying to load the plugin again, and print the name of the directory it was trying to load from to the console. The console output has been cleaned up.
- Added – a color selection shader. Use this to select water(or whatever) by picking a color, and setting a tolerance. As good as it gets. This should bake well for other engines. this is a great goto shader, which should find applications for a lot of tasks that should be trivial, but are not.
- Added – a normal shader setup button to the Georef tag.
- Removed – the “data set” tab from the dem earth main object interface. Now found in the Data Manager.
if you are using multiple dem earth objects, in a parent/child structure, only the parent has control. The controlling parent is now indicated by a blue bounding box.
- Background loader – speedup, Stability, caching and performance improvements to the height data background loader.
- OSM object – Details – Interpolation distance set to 100m by default. This ensures that there are enough points to match a surface.
- Poly Object – Refresh, stability and performance improvements.
- Geo Edge – New Point removal mode. Removes points by nbr angle. Just an experiment that is worth leaving in there. Maybe someone can make use of it.
4.100 November 3 2020
- Added – smart Hide visibility setting directly to dem earth. this looks great in the viewport as it hides edges where the connecting polys have similar normals.
- Added – Smart Slide function to the Geo Edge modifier (slice geometry along a water line)
- Added – Smart Split function to the Geo Edge modifier.
- fixed – lots of selection tags where being created on the dem earth object.
- fixed – a small bug in smart OSM which caused random segments to appear, depending on the interpolation setting.
- improved – outliner.
- improved – embedding of tiffs is now at least 3 times faster and much more efficient using the new data manager.
- removed – asc embed settings from dem earth object, and replaced them with a new data manager tool.
- fixed – a nasty bug which could cause a freeze when selecting admin borders which would initiate height downloads.added new height data -for Iceland – SRTM 90m and 30m
- added new height data – Iceland – SRTM 90m and 30m
- added new height data – Scandinavian regions 60 to 71 degrees north – SRTM 90m and 30m (derived from EU-dem)
- added new height data – Alaska 60 to 72 degrees north – SRTM 90 (derived from USGS_NED_2)
4.090 October 8th 2020
- fixed – a crash bug on macs being caused by there being multiple versions of the plugin in the launch folder. Fully caused to the fact that cinema4d loads all versions into c4d. Before deciding which ones should be unloaded.
- Added – Outline object (beta first show), for polygonizing lots of road splines, quickly. I will wait for user feedback on this.
4.080 October 5th 2020
- Added -new object – DEM Earth structures.
- This is still being worked on, but it is worth adding at this point. This object can be used on any spline, but is meant to be used with Smart OSM, to add structure blocks, to roads, in remote areas, where no building outlines exist.
- It’s fast, and also makes use of fields, so you can restrict where you want blocks to go.
4.073 September 29th 2020
- Fixed – tweetmap and traffic volumes.
- Added – 3 new “no label” image layers. Voyager,Positron and Dark Matter
- Updated – Smart OSM. Massive speed, and functionality updates. Clipping,filtering and ordering, have vastly changed. You can now download a lot more with Smart OSM.
- updated – Poly Object, to work better with smart OSM.
- updated = smart extruder, to work better with smart OSM.
- fixed – possible error saving masks on manually imported polys with multiple line endings after their name.
4.037 September 13th 2020
- Added – Setting in prefs for Downloader resulting file format. currently TIFF,PNG, EXR. default is TIFF.
- Changed – Clean up in prefs “various” options.
- Changed – When you grab osm data with the OSM object, it no longer centers on the new data. Much better.
- Added – Exporting height data now exports a world file ,as well as the info file.
4.036 September 9th 2020
- Added – Reverse geocoding to the pinpoint object. press shift+mouse-down to move a pinpoint in the viewport. When you release the mouse the address is recalculated and the pin gets renamed, and given an annotation tag.
- New – Geo Edge. An intelligent triangulation modifier.
Version 4.035 September 6th 2020 (WIN + MAC) for R20,R21, S22 , R23
- Fixed – An issue causing random crashes with the new background downloader. A nasty one, but it seems to be sorted now.
- Fixed – Some rounding errors with the new geocoder. i.e. if you put in Amsterdam, it would round it to longitude 4 instead of 4.9 and you would be miles off.
- Added – a tiff loader. Exactly the same as the ASC loader, but a tiff takes up a lot let space, loads in instantly, and just better. it needs a world file to go with it. but if any of you use global mapper, this is a nice addition.
- Added – geocoder can now bake uvw coords to flat projection for you, in realtime, so you don’t have to bake your textures for exporting.
- Fix – ggle image layers on MAC
Version 4.031 Aug 20th 2020 (WIN + MAC) for R20,R21 and S22
- Complete rebuild of the entire project, for unified and automated builds across R20,21,22 and beyond. This will speed up updates.
- Complete rebuild of height data downloading methods. No more waiting for height data to load. New potential.
- Complete rebuild of the geocoder.
- A lot of changes in preparation for R23 and beyond.
- more bugfixes.
Version 4.022 May 18th 2020 (WIN + MAC) for R21 and S22
- Change all map layer urls to to https (from http)
- OpenStreetmap, no labels fixed (server address changed)
- Google layers fixed.
- added google terrain layer..
- added a visual border to texture tags.
- Updated Esri World layer to the newer Clarity layer (better quality)
- Updated tile downloader. you should be able to increase the max threads now.
- Fixed a bug/odd group/crash, in the prefs “cinemaplugins menu” top group.
- Fixed a bug with strata on/off.
- added an option in world settings to scale dem earth by the world scale factor.
- embedding an image via the georef tag now automatically detects the height of the layer.
- Clean up of extensions/dem earth, where you can also find the plugins(as well as in the top menu)
- Fixed loads of other small bugs :)
added the ability to segment parts of dem earth, and cut them out into standalone objects.
This uses the georef tag to re-project the flat coordinates to uv space, in realtime. For this to work, you have to drop a specific texture tag, controlled by a georef tag, into the link slot, in the geomodifier. Probably needs a tut, but it is dead easy in the end(its magic).
Version 4.013 Feb 19th 2020 (WIN + MAC R21)
- Fixed a bug which effected the help system.
- Fixed a bug limiting the size of dem earth via handle.
- Fixed a bug in poly object preventing names in different languages from being read correctly.
- fixed several small bugs.
- fixed ASC direct loading where normals where inverted.
- improved ASC loader. Huge speedup (up to 10x)
- general speedup. several parts of the pipeline are now multi threaded. (i.e. geo-modifier)
- Added dem earth plugins to extensions menu as well as standard and default layouts.
- height data export. new modes.
- 32 bit, single channel tiff. These values contain the c4d values in c4d space, as is.
- 32 bit, normalized, single channel exr. Contains the normalized range values (0.0->1.0) remapped between min/max c4d height values.
- 16 bit, normalized, single channel png. Contains the normalized range values (0.0->1.0) remapped between min/max c4d height values.
- an .info file is also exported, to give you some idea of whats in the file.
- the height file now gets an informative unique name.
- the export is multi-threaded,and is several times faster than the initial effort.
- Added new DEM Earth shaders. These shaders work with Cinema4D engines as well as Corona.
- Contours (adaptive contour lines which do not distort and scale with DEM Earth zoom)
- Simple Slope (a nice, easy to use, slope shader)
- Valley fog (a nice simple fog shader ! )
Version 4.005 Oct 17th, 2019
- 4 new height data sets
- CloudFront height content delivery
- New Route Object.
- Poly Object – new multipolygon query (for finding lakes, rivers and a lot more)(see lake image)
- Smart extruder – big improvements, for better results.
- GeoCoder rewrite. Now uses mapbox api for better results.
- rebuilt licensing and self managed floating license option.
- GeoRef Tag – Embedding functionality rebuilt(see lake image)
- Complete new rebuild for R21
- many other bugfixes and improvements.
- in R21 there are no 11 numbers, so I have had to adapt my licensing to suit the new system.The new version comes with 2 licenses options.1.Node locked.2.Floating.there is no license server option anymore.
- DEM Earth– Connection to the new license server.
- DEM Earth – Height data content now delivered via Cloudfront for MUCH faster downloads speeds in all regions.
- DEM Earth – Prefs – fixed a bug that showed wrong support date. To see your support status, hit the “check for updates” button.
Version 3.163 June 27th 2019 (R16,17,18,19 mac + win )
- DEM Earth – Connection to new license server complete.
- Smart OSM – fixed an issue which caused strange lines. This was due to openstreetmap now using 64bit node id’s and the old version of DEM Earth using UIn32.
- DEM Earth – Height data content now delivered via Cloudfront for MUCH faster downloads speeds in all regions.