Start a new topic
Answered

Texture Polygons mismatched with Cubic Projection on DEM Earth v2.88

I am having a serious issue with cubic projection on a DEM Earth Object. Whenever I make a custom texture and try to apply it to a DEM earth object, I get random polygons that mismatch to the texture. I am an experienced C4D user and I've checked my normals, bump, and diffuse channels, and also made sure my texture tiles nicely. I've applied my textures to many other objects and it only happens on DEM Earth objects. I tried changing the DEM earth object to a regular polygon object as well and nothing seems to be working. I think I may have found a bug because I have tried absolutely everything it feels like.

Here is an image for reference: http://i.imgur.com/ArnL7eB.png

Best Answer

That is not a bug. DEM Earth does flat projection. That means if your using something like octane, you simply match the octane projection, to the C4D texture tag projection. Its the same process for all render engines. You need to match your engines projection method to the c4d texture tag projection values.

1 person has this question
1 Comment

Answer

That is not a bug. DEM Earth does flat projection. That means if your using something like octane, you simply match the octane projection, to the C4D texture tag projection. Its the same process for all render engines. You need to match your engines projection method to the c4d texture tag projection values.

Login or Signup to post a comment