Start a new topic
Answered

Workflow for colorizing multiple OSM sets

Hi Paul; 

Loving DEM earth, and have played extensively with it. Something I can't quite figure out is the proper workflow for adding different colored material to multiple OSM data sets on the same DEM object. Specifically to highlight different OSM objects (streets, buildings, etc) int he same map. 

Can I use just one DEM object and colorize different data sets or do I need to create multiple DEM objects with singular data sets on each? 

Any help is greatly appreciated 

Cheers 

Steve 

Best Answer

with smart extrude, you need to set the group count to greater than one. then each group has a different selection name. you can use that name to restrict a texture.  Each group also has an index ID, so it can also be used with shaders such as kendo, or mograph multi, so you dont have to manually apply e.g. 50 materials, to 50 groups.

Check out the smart extrude help..

Paul

1 person has this question
1 Comment

Answer

with smart extrude, you need to set the group count to greater than one. then each group has a different selection name. you can use that name to restrict a texture.  Each group also has an index ID, so it can also be used with shaders such as kendo, or mograph multi, so you dont have to manually apply e.g. 50 materials, to 50 groups.

Check out the smart extrude help..

Paul

Login or Signup to post a comment