Start a new topic
Answered

How to take advantage of the water mask

Hello

I've had a look at mixing textures/materials, but the unique features in DEM Earth makes it a bit tricky to apply a water shader to the area specified by the Stamen Water Mask. I'm currently using a ramp texture which almost seems to fit, but I need a better approach. The ramp is just a color, and it can't be used for lakes and rivers.

Another thing I can't seem to figure out:

Is there a smart way to cut the OSM-drives splines that exceed the edge of the DEM-object? I could use a boole, but since it's driven by parenting it would also have to be pinned to the landscape object. The splines are extruded.

Attached: Reference

Best Answer

If you get a water mask from staman, just use it in both alpha and reflection channel.

>Is there a smart way to cut the OSM-drives splines that exceed the edge of the DEM-object?

currently no.

the only way to do this would be to put the spline in a of Booleen box. You could do this already by placing the spline in a Bool with a cube fitting the area. I could optimuze that a lof for sure, but Im not sure if thats somethign a lot of people will use, as you can kind of do it already.

Answer

If you get a water mask from staman, just use it in both alpha and reflection channel.

>Is there a smart way to cut the OSM-drives splines that exceed the edge of the DEM-object?

currently no.

the only way to do this would be to put the spline in a of Booleen box. You could do this already by placing the spline in a Bool with a cube fitting the area. I could optimuze that a lof for sure, but Im not sure if thats somethign a lot of people will use, as you can kind of do it already.

>Is there a smart way to cut the OSM-driven splines that exceed the edge of the DEM-object?

currently no.

Another solution might be to bake a texture with the OSM splines ?

Login or Signup to post a comment